Tuesday 13 November 2012

Question and Answers


 
Question and Answers
with Scotty Cardle
 

Welcome to Question and Answers on Jamie's Boxing Zone Blog. Today we have Former Great Britian Boxer and Professional Lightweight prospect Scotty Cardle. Scotty was Commonwealth Champion in the amateurs. The young star has a great future ahead of him.
 


Hello Scotty, thanks for taking time out for this Question and Answers session. What is your first recollection of boxing? and what inspired you to take serious?

Hi Jamie,
My first recollection of boxing has to be staying up late as a kid with my brother and dad to watch the big fights in the states (mostly Tyson) and I never took boxing serious until my 2nd fight, I lost my first fight and didn't believe in my talent until my first win
 
Who is your past/present fighter and why?
 
Past fighter has to be Mike Tyson, still watch a lot of Tyson to this day, always loved the way he gets the job done so aggressively! And my current favourite fighter is Canelo Alvarez, been watching him for the past couple years now and he has a very exciting style!

For people who may not of known yourself, Can you tell us a little about yourself?
 
I'm Scotty Cardle, 8 year international amateur, 6 of them years with the GB Podium Squad, No.1 light-welterweight in Europe & No.5 light-welterweight in the world (2010) ... Now lightweight professional under Matchroom Sports, currently 7 - 0

You was a very good amateur who fought for Team GB for numerous years and also won a Commonwealth Championship. How important is having an amateur pedigree in boxing?
 
For most people it's very important! Having an amateur pedigree will step you up much quicker in the pro ranks than not having one, but also I have seen a lot of pros come from a very short amateur career and become highly successful so it all depends on what kind of fighter you are.
 
You turned Professional in March of this year. What is the difference from being an Amateur boxer to a Professional?
 
 Since I have turned pro I've realised how different this game is to the amateurs, amateur is all about getting the points up and not getting caught. I'm only new to the pro ranks but from my experience I think there is more time taken trying to read the opponent and affecting the opponent more. Also, obviously you have to stay switched on in both amateur and professional but I think in the pros you need to stay that extra bit alert, shots are much more affective without headgear.
 
You are currently with 7 wins from your first 7 bouts winning fights comfortable. Are you happy with the great start you have made as a professional?
 
Yes, very happy! In my eyes I haven't been given one push over or an easy fight, I don't see the benefit on fighting kids who are just going to drop from a soft shot, I want to learn fast and hopefully step up fast too

How do you feel your debut year has gone this year?
 
I'm happy, I'm unbeaten and I'm learning in every fight, hopefully move up to title status next year.

What are your plans for 2013 and what would you like to achieve in the next year or so

Obviously taking every fight as it comes but I'm hoping on a title, maybe a northern title or an English title, just gotta keep winning.
 
and Finally what does the future hold for Scotty Cardle?
 
I'm in it for the long haul, I want to step up in my own time, beat the best in britain and then take on the others across the world, I won't be happy until I have a world title


thanks for your time and I will continue to take notice in promising career. Good luck for the future.
 
 
Catch Scotty Cardle in his next fight on the Carl Froch v Yusaf Mack undercard on Saturday 17th November 2012. Cardle will step in the ring with Joe Elfidh (7-2) who gave Former world champion Scott Harrison a difficult fight in his last bout.

No comments:

Post a Comment